We make every effort to ensure the privacy and security of information that you share with us online.
The purpose of this website is to share information about important political and policy issues in the U.S. and encourage individuals to participate in U.S. elections and the electoral process. Therefore, the petitions, surveys, and forms on this website are open only to residents of the United States with a valid U.S. zip code.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, make a donation, send us an email, sign up to receive email updates, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, schedule a meeting or other event, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request information, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number, credit card and other payment information, occupation and name of your employer and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose to them) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations to Eddy Morales for Congress exceed $200 per calendar year. These records are often made available to the public.
We do not store your credit card information under any circumstances.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES:
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site. We may also use such information for list matching purposes.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process contributions and transactions and send you related information, including invoices,
- Send you confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you newsletters and alerts and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations and support for people, issues and organizations that we support;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding polling location and campaign events near you;
- Contact you if Federal election laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, candidates, campaigns, media organizations, charities, nonprofits, groups, causes, co-ops, or other entities that we believe have similar political viewpoints or principles or share similar goals or objectives and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year (for additional information, visit the FEC website);
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Eddy Morales for Congress, its employees, volunteers, or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Links to Other Websites
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices.
Transfer of Information to the U.S.
Eddy Morales for Congress is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Protection of Information
Our website has a number of security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. Computer systems have restricted access limited only to those persons and organizations necessary to its proper functioning. This access applies to all electronic and physical security measures. Highly sensitive data including credit card information is additionally secured through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Our servers are located in a locked, secure environment.
PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
As a nonprofit organization, we are not a “business” subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) that went into effect on January 1, 2020. We do, however, strive to be consistent with the spirit of that law. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on Children
Because we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulations establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13, and we have designed our sites to block our knowing acceptance of information from children under 13 whenever age-related information is requested.
Parents with questions may contact us directly.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site. You can also review your choices regarding behavioral advertising cookies at www.aboutads.info/choices.
Unsubscribing from E-mail Communications
You can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of any email we send you; such requests are processed immediately. Or you may contact us to unsubscribe from our email communications. We will regularly process these requests. To comply with the law, however, our contributor records will not be altered and are continuously maintained in a separate secure database.
Eddy Morales for Congress
P.O. Box 42307
Portland, OR 97242
Last Updated: November 6, 2023